Sunday, August 31, 2008

You're not going to believe this!

Once AGAIN, Alex has strep! It started Friday after school. We were on our way home when she told me her throat hurt. I thought there's no way it's strep. The kids have been awesome at taking their medicine. We haven't missed one day or one dose. We all have been taking penicillin, 3 times a day, everyday, since the 19Th. Later after Will's birthday party she started running a fever. She's had a fever ever since. Of course, it's a holiday weekend so we only have one choice for service, the E.R. Well we're going to try and hold out until Tuesday and go and see the doctor. I was telling Clay that the doctor had mentioned to me that we may have to take her tonsils out. Alex overheard and is terrified to have another surgery. So since then, her throat miraculously doesn't hurt at all. When I look in her mouth with a flashlight it is bright red with the tell tale white bumps all over it. I can tell it hurts her but she insists that it doesn't. At least she has a long weekend to rest and recover. Sydney has been such a big sister. She'll get Alex glasses of water, remind me to take her temperature and to give Alex her medicine. She gets Alex a blanket when she needs one and even helped her get in her Jammie's last night. What a good nurse! We'll see what happens next. I thought for sure we were through with strep, I guess not.

1 comment:

Chalice said...

Poor Alex. I sure hope you feel better soon! We miss you!