Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Strep Saga Continues

Once again, I have strep. This makes twice in the last month and a half I've had it. Alex has also had it twice. This time around our wonderful Dr.P has given us all a prescription of Penicillin to hopefully eradicate the strep from our household. We are going to be taking our medication for a full month, then we'll all be tested again to make sure none of us any longer have Strep. This whole thing started in July. I will be so happy to be rid of this sickness and not have to worry about it coming back any time soon. Thanks to my awesome friends/ visiting teaching partners, my family had their first good meal since Friday. I have never tasted a better homemade chicken noodle soup! Not to mention all the other homemade goodies she always sends my way, Thanks Sara! The whole wheat rolls were a hit. My kids each had two and were still asking for more when they were all gone. I've never learned how to make a good dinner roll. Thank goodness for friends that can cook! Thanks for the rolls and ice cream Camilee!
Not that I need any more ice cream, that's practically all I've eaten since Friday. Anyone that knows Roxy, knows she's an ice cream lover. Good thing Camilee brought some over, we were starting to run low and I don't feel up to grocery shopping yet! I'd love to say I'd like to get sick more often because of the good food I get from friends but, I think I'll just ask nicely if they can teach me how to cook as well as them. Please no more Strep, we have our fingers crossed that this is the END.

3 comments:

Gaylene said...

I hope you get feelig better soon. That stinks to be sick!! I'm glad you got some yummy food. Friends are the bestest!!

The Kleyn Family said...

AHHH! It is so nasty being sick for so long. My whole clan has had pink eye for weeks, and we cannot kick it. I feel your pain :( And it's the summer, so what the heck with everyone getting sick?! Feel better!

Susan Vargas said...

Okay - I'm sending ya'll blessings for health and strength right now. Get better NOW!