Thursday, August 14, 2008

A quick funny!

You can decide for yourself what kind of parent you think I am. This is something I can totally see my mom doing to me when I was younger. I personally think my mom was the greatest, most fun, most creative mom ever (remember the windsocks mom?). This began this morning. Alex got dressed and I noticed a small hole in the Capri's she was wearing. I asked her if she wanted to change and of course she said no. Well, by the time school got out the rip in her pants was up to her knee. I can see why, these Capri's are hand me downs 2 generations over! So Alex was sitting on the couch playing a video game and I thought we're just going to throw these pants away why not have some fun. I walked up to her and ripped the hole all the way up her leg. Wow, was she mad! Mom, why did you do that she yelled. I just laughed. She wore her pants with one leg ripped all the way up for a few hours.
Later I called her over and ripped it some more. She was so excited to have a Hawaiian skirt. She wants to keep the skirt. I told her she could. Now, think real hard, what would your mom have done? Would she have yelled at you for ripping your pants? Would she have made you throw them away the minute you got home? Would she have pulled out the sewing machine and made a pair of shorts? Would she have been so embarrassed you wore ripped pants all day to school that you would have to pack up and move to another city that night? My mom, she would have done the exact same thing that I did for Alex, only my mom would have invited all her friends and family over, had a big pants ripping party, and turned the music up as we all danced around in our cool homemade skirts..... I know it!

2 comments:

Gaylene said...

That is way to funny!! She looks so cute. However I can say that I wouldn't be that cute in ripped capri's. LOL

Amy Wing said...

That's hysterical! I like your style. :D