Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Getting ready for the big day.

It has been a long week already and school hasn't even started yet. I started back to work at the school on Monday. We had a long day of training with our new superintendent, we met all the new principals, all the new staff had their introductions, and we did many getting to know you activities. I'm very happy with our new superintendent and I think she's going to make a huge difference in our schools! Our new Principal at the elementary school is a hoot. He's very laid back, friendly, and ready to work for the students.
Monday evening we had Orientation at the school. The girls had a hard time waiting all day for it to be time to go. Alex already knows her teacher very well. Mrs. Smith was also Sydney's Kindergarten teacher. Alex is so excited to go to school she's been having a hard time sleeping for the past week! Sydney also met her 2ND grade teacher Mrs. Nelson. I have heard so many great things about her. I'm sure Sydney will do amazing. Sydney loves school so much we had to do some sort of homework all summer long.
Today was haircut day. Alex picked the style she wanted. I absolutely love it! I'm so jealous, I wish my hair was that cute. She kept telling our hair dresser to make it shorter. It still isn't short enough for her but I finally put my foot down and say NO MORE!
Sydney didn't want her hair cut, just trimmed. She loves her hair long. She kept telling the hair dresser, just a little bit OK. She was very pleased with the end product.
We love our salon days! We have the most fabulous hair dresser ever! Thanks Tamara, you rock! School starts in the morning. We are all so excited I know we aren't going to get as much sleep tonight as we should!

1 comment:

Chalice said...

Their haircuts are super cute! I love Alex's short hair. It looks really good on her. Tell your girls hello from me.