Friday, August 15, 2008

Aaahh-mazing

I am so amazed at how selfless and how caring children can be. The little girl I work with in Kindergarten has so many friends, some days I wonder if I'm even needed. There is always someone holding her hand, someone reading to her, coloring with her, singing with her. Some of the roughest toughest boys will even drop everything to help her out. I am blown away every day to see how mature and respectable a 5 year old can be. If only they could stay that way. I have to say, some of these kids are more mature then the adults in their life! Oh, and did I mention, I LOVE MY JOB!
Yesterday we had a massive monsoon storm. The thunder and lightning was intense. Many of us were going on little sleep because of the storm we had had over night. I know I was. With two little girls in my bed all night wanting to tell stories to keep their minds off the thunder, how could I sleep. This storm yesterday brought hail (I couldn't get a real good picture of it because we were in class and it would come in the door every time I opened it), tons of rain, and even classrooms with no power.

This was one of those storms that just pops up out of no where and turns into a major cloud burst. Sidewalks flooded, rain even came in under the doors in the preschool wing of the school. The thunder was so loud the kids couldn't help but scream every time they heard it. It was so loud, and it went on and on. We tried to go outside and gather up a cup full of hail for the kids to show it to them, but the lightning and thunder was so bad we just grabbed what we could from in front of the classroom door. It was an intense and long lasting storm.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Wow! Bisbee gets a lot of rain! Regarding your post below...HA! You are such a fun mom. You get it from your mom! I can totally see the both of you having a pants ripping party. So fun. I'd like to think that I would have done the same thing. I think I'm getting a little more laid back about stuff like that, and it's a good thing! I'm so happy that you enjoy your job. And I love your hair! It is weird to see Roxy with dark hair though! I've gone darker too and Andy didn't like it at first. The upkeep on blonde is ridiculous! Maybe someday I'll surprise Andy and go back! But not soon...I've got better things to do! :)