Thursday, August 14, 2008

First day of preschool!

OK!! Many of you have been asking why I went so dark with my hair color this time around. It's the same color as last time (as close to my natural as I can get), only this time there is no swimming pool chlorine, endless sun exposure, or any fading yet! I love my hair this color. Clay has come around nicely. At first he was a little freaked (I started dying my hair blonde when I was in 9Th grade). For as long as Clay has known me I have been blonde. It was getting a little hard to keep it up not to mention a little pricey! So here I am, a dark brunette and loving it. My little clone Alex is still pretty upset that we no longer look like each other! Now, on to the exciting stuff. Preschool has started, and boy oh boy did it start with a bang! I'm super excited about working with all the kids. If you don't know, it's a special needs preschool. In past years it has been mostly kids with speech issues. Not so this year. We have a wide variety of kids and disabilities.
We have three kids from last year coming back. They're going to be the easy ones. They know the routines and the rules. The little girl below was Alex's favorite classmate last year. She was a selective mute. She never talked to the teachers or her speech helper but would talk a mile a minute to Alex. We had a few play dates over the summer. She will be in the preschool again this year. What a difference a summer can make. She talks up a storm now!!
I will once again be working with the autistic boy below. His younger brother is also attending this year but only as a speech child. His brother is pictured below. My little girl from the morning kindergarten class also comes in. We are in for one exciting year. We have a few more students but I couldn't get them to hold still for a picture. This job is the best thing ever. I not only get to be with my own kids all day at their school but I get to help out others who need it. I am sooooo loving coloring time!
I am so comfortable and happy being at the school and having the job I do. It's like it was made just for me. I couldn't have asked for anything better! I am so blessed and so thankful to have the opportunity to work with these amazing kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU are amazing! Love, Aunt Debbie