Saturday, August 30, 2008

They are so different.

It still amazes me how different two siblings can be. They can be raised with the same rules, same amount of love, same opportunities, and still turn out so different. I for one, am very thankful my two little girls are so different. I have one that's tough and one that's tender. I have one that's kind to everyone and one that is very independent.


Sydney is so much like her dad, it's crazy. She sleeps, eats, laughs, walks and looks just like him. She would rather sit and read a book quietly by herself than play with a group of kids. Sydney has always been so sweet and tender. When kids called her dirt in Kindergarten she cried, when her friend had an accident in her pants in first grade she was crying with her, and now even when the smart kids make fun of her for doing her math a little slower than them she cries. The pictures below are of her watching Brother Bear 2. She bawled. Alex was watching it also. She had no idea why Sydney was crying. I am so proud of Sydney. She is so caring and loving to everyone, even those who are mean to her. I wish I could be more like her in that way. The majority of her friends at school are the ones who are always made fun of. Kids can be so mean to each other and can say the cruelest things. I'm so glad Sydney is not one of those kids. She may not be the most popular or the smartest at math, but you can bet if anyone gets hurt in any way she's the first one there to make sure they're ok.
Then there's Alex! Wow what a difference. She doesn't worry to much about what others think of her. She doesn't really go out of her way to make friends or concern herself with others feelings. She is very independent and smart. Loves to be a leader and can sometimes be a dictator. Alex was reading a book the other day with these glasses on (pictured below). Clay got the video camera out and filmed her. We were laughing so hard. When she finally realized we had seen her and were laughing, she just smiled and waved and went right on reading her book. She didn't care how she looked.
This is hard for me as a parent to accept sometimes. I like her to look her best for school. We go around and around some morning about her choice of mismatching outfits or her choice of hair do's. She is very hard headed, I think she gets that from her mom. Alex is so much like her mom, it's scary. Her looks especially, how outgoing she is, her temperament, her sense of humor, and of course her crooked eye. It takes an awesome kid to make the other kids want a crooked eye just like hers! I sometimes forget she's only five. She's so mature and smart.
They are so different. I'm so thankful they are. Without their individual personalities, we would have a very boring home life! I am so glad I have two little girls to teach me something new everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis,
Wow your blog was great this time. So informative your the best. Thanks for the great weekend I had a great time. I love spending time with my favorite three girls. Have a great day. Love NANA