Thursday, August 7, 2008

Missing our main man

School started Wednesday, Daddy hasn't seen the kids since Tuesday afternoon. Here's our schedule. You can see why poor Daddy is really starting to miss his girls.

4:30AM Mommy wakes up

6:00AM Girls wake up, get dressed, do hair, eat breakfast, pack lunches, and pack backpacks (or pack pack as Sydney still calls them)

7:30AM head out the door for school.

11:00AM Daddy gets up.

11:30AM- 1:00PM Mommy heads home for lunch, takes a short nap, packs Dad's lunch, and heads back to school.

1:00-2:45PM Mom and Girls at school.

2:15PM Daddy heads to work missing us by just a few minutes. :(

8:30 PM Mommy and girls read books and go to bed.

2:00 AM Daddy gets home from work, Mom gets up to keep Dad company and fill him in on all the days events, make him breakfast, then hurry back to bed to get a few more hours of sleep before the alarm clock goes off. I'm not the only one bummed about school starting. Daddy is having major withdrawals from his little girls. There's no one home to play Guitar Hero with, no one home to tell stories about work to, no one home to help with the chores around the house. I think the thing he misses the most about his girls is their laughs. Their always laughing, telling stories, or playing pet shop in the living room while Dad watches t.v. This weekend can't come fast enough. Not only do we get to sleep in a bit (Happy Birthday tomorrow Mom!), but we also get to see Daddy! We miss you Daddy, thanks for working so hard for us. We love you!

3 comments:

Amie said...

Roxanne, your schedule sounds INTENSE! I can see why you all miss daddy. I don't know how you do it. 5:30 p.m. is such a magical hour at our house! You will be blessed for your sacrifices. Glad everything is going smoothly as far as school is concerned. I got a giggle about your girls wanting to pick out their own clothes. My Alex is the same way. Thank heavens the school he goes to requires uniforms...now I don't have to see him with his orange shirt and green shorts looking like a nerd anymore! :0) I love Alex's haircut. I have been wanting to "bob" mine for a while now. I feel bad that you have to get up so early. I have to get up at 6:15 and I think that's early. You are a better woman than I!

Anonymous said...

Sis,
8/8/08 what great #'s these are I should play the lottery today. I know how little girl withdrawls are It is not fun. I get little girl withdrawls real often. Thank you girls for the birthday songs.I love all of you so much. You are the most special girls a NANA could ever have. I love you all ..Love NANA

Linda said...

Oh that's gotta be hard, I don't know how you do it! My kids count down the minute that dad walks in the door in the evenings. Hang in there! You're such good parents.