Monday, August 11, 2008

Gone but never forgotten

My best friend and pet of 15 years passed away today. My cat Bonzo has been such a special part of my life. She was always willing to listen to my problems, knew all my secrets, and could always make me feel better just by purring. Bonzo was so old yet she still loved to play. She would chase me up and down the hallway as the kids looked on laughing. When you would rub her under her chin just right it would make her sneeze. Whenever the dogs would bark outside Bonzo's ear would straighten up and she would growl. She never really liked little kids much but she was always tolerant of the girls. Over the years the kids have grown to love her as much as I do, if not more. Clay was the first, of any of my boyfriends, who was not allergic to her. I knew he was a keeper! He loved Bonzo as well. Whenever he would call mish mish mish (pronounced me-sh, that's how they call cats in Argentina where Clay served his mission), she would come running. Bonzo had cancer, a fish hook in her shoulder, a missing front tooth, and was once bitten by a rattlesnake. After surviving all that, her life came to an end after being hit by a car. Bonzo will always be greatly missed by me. I'll never forget the joy and happiness she brought to my life.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roxanne - I am so sorry for your loss. I understand how it feels to lose a beloved pet. Love, Aunt Debbie

Linda said...

I'm so sorry that happened Roxanne, how sad. So this was the same cat that you had growing up??

The Kleyn Family said...

So, so, sorry. I loved Bonzo...she was crazy when we were little, but I'll never forget her :( Emily

The Prices!! . said...

I am so sad to hear that. I know how much you loved that cat. Do you like peach pie? Can I bring you one?

Amie said...

Roxanne, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I remember Bonzo! Remember, All Dogs (and cats) Go to Heaven! :) My thoughts are with you today. Hang in there...

Gaylene said...

Oh Roxy!! I'm so sorry about your cat. Here's a big hug from me!!

I love to check out your blog it's so cute. The girls look so big and happy to be in school!!!

I'm going to have to get a job when Abby goes to school otherwise I'm going to go nuts!! LOL

Amy Wing said...

Roxy, I'm so sorry to read about Bonzo. I lost my 9-year-old cat suddenly a few years ago on the same day we signed the papers on our new home! It was heartbreaking, and I definitely know what you are going through. :(