Friday, February 6, 2009

Our Gentle Giant Angus

Our gentle giant passed away yesterday. What a great dog he was. I've never met a better dog! We are going to miss him very much. I am a little glad he is gone. He was SO OLD. His bones must have hurt, at least just a little. Angus was the best friend for the girls, for me, and even for hubby. He was always there to greet you with his wagging tail. It's amazing how selfless an animal can be. Angus loved his ball and toys and sticks. He always was a runner. He use to run behind the four wheeler for hours on end. I always thought he was indestructible. I'm so glad I made that call to my dad all those years ago to go and pick him up because he was an unwanted mutt.
It was hard seeing such a sweet and tender dog get old. He had lost his hearing, had broken a tooth, and wouldn't get out of his warm dog house until there was sun to sit in. Explaining death to the kids was hard but in last nights prayer Sydney thanked Heavenly Father for Angus. She also said she was glad he was happy in heaven. I see her laying toys and balls on his grave. Whenever Sydney stops to think about Angus she gets tears in her eyes.

Angus truly was a magnificent dog. He was caring, protective, loving and watchful. I hope he was as happy with us as we were with him. Angus was in our life close to 14 years. He will not soon be forgotten.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you lost Angus. My heart hurts for you. Debbie

Bev said...

Glad your mom could come and comfort all of you. I know how you love those animals. So sad for you and your kids.