Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snow Day..... Part 2!

So...... by 7:30Am the girls were dressed and ready to go play in the snow. They just threw on whatever they could find, they were so excited. I told them I thought they might need to add a few layers, but what the heck does mom know! Just had to have a picture of mom as were walking out the door! At least I showered!!

Probably not the best time to take a picture but when it's snowing in Arizona you have to make good use of every opportunity you get!

We wanted to go up on top of the tunnel and play. There is always a lot of kids up there playing when it snows. We get to our favorite road and it's closed! It was icy and very cold and still snowing. We decided to walk up.

I don't know if the road was closed to just vehicle traffic or what. We were the only CRAZY people out at that time in the morning, just us and the snow plows. I have no idea what I was thinking. My poor little tootsies are still recovering. That will teach me to wear the prettier rain galoshes over the ugly insulated snow boots!


It was a hike let me tell you! In our truck it would have taken 2 minutes maybe to get to the top but on foot.... more like 20 minutes! We were all huffing and puffing and freezing our buns off!My little angels were so much fun. I feel bad Daddy had to miss out on our adventure. He could have probably done without the snow today. He probably had a grand adventure of his own on a snow covered freezing mountain.

It's almost noon now and all we have left is slush and mud. This is my kind of storm! One day of snow is enough for me. It was so much fun while it lasted!! Any excuse to be out of school is ok with me. Yes, I hate to tell my little girlies I told you so but we would have played a lot longer if you had layered!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am soooooo jealous!! :)

Bev said...

Hard to believe you're in AZ....cute little snow bunnies....out of school....lucky you!

Brad and Alliene said...

You had a fun snow day, too! You probably get them more then we do. Sorry I have been out of the blog world and just read about you being sick. Yuck! Sorry about that! Also I really enjoy Sundays, too! And sadly for me, too, that wasn't always the case! Hang in there!!

Best Nana said...

Snow snow snow BLA BLA BLA. I liked those beautiful snow angels the best.I love my girls.Thanks for being the best mom ever and taking them to the snow.What a fun day.