Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dentist visit worth smiling about!

On Wednesday we went to the dentist. I knew the girls had a few cavities and would need some work done. Last time the dentist had visited the school I had them examined. They're good about brushing their teeth. We got an estimate on what needed to be done. Well, it was a little more than I had thought it would be!

I got to looking at the estimates that they had sent and they looked like they had gotten the girls mixed. After new x-rays they determined Sydney and Alex both needed a mini root canal and a crown put in, on the exact same tooth no less! OH My!
I still haven't received my new debit card yet. Clay needed his card for gas that day so I had only the check book. We check in and there is a big sign. NO CHECKS. Great! Good thing I'm always early. I had 2o mins to get to the bank, cash a check, and get back. While at the bank I got out enough to cover the estimate plus some. While the girls were being worked on I noticed there was a deductible. Uh Oh, didn't figure that in. I was starting to sweat. Sydney took over an hour, but it turned out she just needed a filling rather than a root canal and crown. As soon as the dentist was ready to start on Alex I stopped him. I told him the whole story about getting my debit card stolen, only having checks,running to the bank, and later seeing the deductible. I asked him if he thought what I had would be enough or if we should re-schedule Alex. He called across the hallway to the receptionist and told her he would take a check from us. Whew, I was relieved. Alex also took over an hour and did need a crown and root canal! I was not happy with what the bill was going to be but glad to get it all done.



Long story a little longer....... When I went to check out I found out over half the work was comped by the doc. I asked they receptionist if she had charged for everything plus our deductible. She said yes. I was floored, I started crying. I was so stressed all day, worrying about paying, then to find out I only had to pay a fraction of the cost! This dentist was such a blessing. Throughout the course of the visit I found out he was a member. I never expected him to do something like give his time and services away for free. Within 2 mins. of finishing on Alex he had his coat on and was out the door. I thought, he must be running to a kids sporting game or something. Then I was told the total and he wasn't even there to thank. I'm sooooo sending this man a thank you card! So, needless to say........ We left the dentist office happy, relieved, in a little pain, and very very thankful.







5 comments:

Bev said...

Bless his heart!! If you don't believe in angels....you should! Keep doing what your doing and be valiant and you will continue to be blessed....you know it!

Anonymous said...

Who was the Doc? Where did you have it done. My Doc in Sierra Vista was very good and she was a kids Doc. Keep up the blog and hope your feeling better...
James...

Deborah said...

Wow, that is so awesome of your dentist! Check out this site to send a Thank you card, www.sendoutcards.com/benefits you can send two free cards through the mail on me! Take care my friend!
Deborah
deragonpapillons@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Awww! How nice of him to do that. He is a very good man. I wish there are many more dentists like him around.

I developed a fear of going to the dentist's office after a very bad experience of tooth extraction. And, when I had molar problems, my wife insisted that I see her dentist, Greer, SC clinic for a consultation. To my surprise, the staffs and the doctor especially were very patient and comforted me after I told them that I am very anxious about the procedure.

I became acquainted with a few dentists (Greer, SC dental society) and they said the anxiety and fear of going to the dentist is a common scenario, even among adults.

Well, that's my good experience of visiting a dentist after a long, long time. LOL.

Dentist in Los Angeles said...

Fantastic post and Thanks for sharing this informative post. It's very helpful.





Dentist