Friday, January 30, 2009

Second Opinion

So I went to my favorite neighborhood doctor to get a second opinion. All I can say is...... good thing I did! I hadn't been feeling any better since starting the antibiotics the E.R doctor had prescribed on Monday. I finally got in to Doc Pettinger on Thursday. He wasn't very happy I had waited so long. Turns out I have MRSA. Yes, that one! Very scary. Doc prescribed a new antibiotic plus told me to continue the ones I have been taking. He said if I didn't feel better by Monday he was going to cut into my neck and drain it! I can't go to work until the doc says and I've pretty much been quarantined. What to do when you find out you're gonna have to be cooped up at home for awhile??

  • First: Go to Mickey D's and do the hokey pokey with the employees. Get free cookies and ice cream. Take lots of blurry movement pictures. (who knows when mom will feel like cooking again so the kids were very happy with this decision)


  • Second: Load up a bunch of useless junk from various people and have a MAJOR garage sale, while mom cleans my house and watches the kids(can't go to work so I might as well make some money the hard way!).

  • Third: Go nuts! Let the meds go to my head, skip showering and putting on makeup,get a really bad hair cut and dye job and call it a day! Wow what a day. I'm sure Clay is going to be very happy with my decisions for today (yeah right!)

  • Fourth: Inform everyone the haircut is a joke ( a very stylish wig that fetched a whopping $3.00 at the sale!) and I DO have MRSA (boo)! Have a great day and feel free to go nuts!


6 comments:

Garner Family said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you are so sick! I hope you get better and let me know if you need ANYTHING.

James and Tammy Stanley said...

WOW!!! Glad it was a joke, I can't wait to show James he is going to freak!! Hope you are better by the time we come down Araya would love to see you and the girls.

Bev said...

What the heck!~!!!??? Where did you get that? Take care of yourself! Can you still come on Sunday? Hope to see you and hope you make lots of $$$$ on your garage sale.

The Meehl Family said...

Crazy...I almost commented to tell you what I thought it was. We've dealt with MRSA several times...its super hard to get rid of, but we finally figured out how to steer clear of it. Dial makes an antibacterial body wash. Use it everyday, everybody in your family. Also, anytime we even suspect that we MIGHT have a little spot starting up, or get a scratch or anything, we put hand sanitizer on it. It stings for a second...but that's a million times better than the whole doc scene. It has worked everytime...sounds ghetto, but after spending every weekend in Urgent Care for several weeks with several different kids, we had to get creative, it was getting way too expensive. The first one of us to get it was Christian, at 6 weeks old, who was air-evaced and then they did surgery on his little chest cutting out the tissue around it. CRAZY...if you have any questions, let me know, I probably have the answer...

Linda said...

Oh Roxy! So sorry that you are still dealing with sickness! I hope it clears up fast. Leave it to you to take a not-so-good situation and make it fun. I love your outlook on life. You're great Roxanne.

Amy said...

I'm going to mail you some cookies :) That's pretty much all the pregnant lady can do for you!! Hope you feel better soon! And I'm glad you were kidding about the hair... Love ya!