Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ball pit anyone?

We had so much fun today. Clay was in charge of most of the Christmas shopping this year. He did an awesome job on the girls. They absolutely loved every single gift their Dad gave them. I never had that effect on them. He really knows what he's doing when it comes to shopping for his girls (me included). He bought them 275 balls to put on the trampoline. As soon as he showed them to me I had nightmares for a week! All I could think about was sprained ankles, broken necks, and the endless trips to the emergency room that these balls were going to cause!
Once again I was wrong. What a blast. The kids have been asking me since Christmas if they could put the balls on the trampoline. I wanted to wait for a day when Daddy could enjoy them with us since it was his brilliant idea. Today was that day!


It looked like so much fun, I actually ended up jumping on the trampoline with the girls. I think we need a few more balls! The girls stayed outside for hours laughing and jumping. My kind of day, they're gonna sleep good tonight.


Here are a few presents the girls got from their Dad that they think are awesome as well:
Book lights for the car (makes car trip SUPER fun).
Silly string (big mess in the front yard but fun to watch)
Etch a sketch (fun for drawing mazes that can't be completed without an imagination)
Just to name a few! Clay did such a good job Christmas shopping, I just may turn my title over to him permanently!


Nana and Papa also came down to go to church with us. Sydney had to give the scripture in Primary and Alex had to give a talk. We had a great visit. I love it when my parents (or anyone for that matter) come to visit! Plus, my mom always does the dishes after lunch. HUGE PLUS. Love you Mom!







3 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like the girls had a blast. What a good idea. Good luck on not having to go the the ER with any trampoline.

Bev said...

Would Clay be willing to shop for me too! Good job! Looks like fun! Yeah, I like your mom to visit me too, she always cleans something up!!

Amy said...

Awesome pictures! I love my nieces!! :)