Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome Home!

YAY! The kids arrived home safe and sound and as spoiled as ever. They were so excited to be home, and Clay and I were so excited to have them home. We almost ditched church to have a party to celebrate. Instead we celebrated after church with yummy lunch, clean house, and a movie and popcorn later. Who ever first said "absence makes the heart grow fonder", absolutely knew what they were talking about. It's amazing all the little things you can take for granted just because their so mundane and happen on a daily basis. It's been so nice to have some quality time with our children. I don't think they've quit talking about Nanas house since they got home.

One thing we have learned this vacation is that when the kids return home, their pockets and belongings must have a full and thorough search! I'll fill you in on why. You know Grandparents, spoil their Grandkids then send them home. My parents are no different. New toys, Happy Meal toys, coloring books, toys for the pool, pretty rocks, bird eggs, hair ribbons, and countless other treasures. Yes, I think my parents get an A+ in spoiling.

So I went to my moms last weekend and stayed with her. I remember her sending bird eggs home but didn't really think much of them. They have Lovebirds that keep laying eggs but none ever hatch. So my mom put about 8 of them in a ziploc bag and had the girls take them home and try to hatch them at our house. Great idea, thanks mom! Not only do I have to try to hatch them but I also have to explain what is in them, where they come out of the bird, and why they don't hatch! Well, by the time we got home, the eggs were long forgotten. They were so happy to be home to their own toys and their own books it was almost like Christmas. So we hauled everything in and proceeded to unpack and start the laundry.

Now fast forward a week. The kids have once more gone to Nanas but this time without mommy. Way more treats, goodies, toys and spoiling going on when mom isn't around. It's even rumored that they had cookies and koolaid for breakfast one morning. Can't be true, can it? Not my MOTHER! So, I go to pick them up Saturday in the car, we come home through Sierra Vista and run a ton of errands. Needless to say we don't make it home in time for Clay to take the car to work, so he has to take the truck. I drive the truck around all the time. It's old, the AC isn't that great, but it's gets me there. Clay calls that evening. This is how the conversation goes.

Clay:"Wife, your truck smells like death". "Did the girls leave a chicken McNugget in there or something"?

Roxy: "I don't think so". "I know it always smells a bit musty after rain".

Clay: "When was the last time it rained wife"?

Roxy: "Right, OK, well tomorrow I'll check it out". "Have a great time driving death home tonight, love you".

Well, tomorrow is today. I open the door, yep, smells pretty bad. I'm looking everywhere. I'm not seeing any chicken McNuggets or milk or anything that would smell sooooo bad. I get to the drivers side and way upfront underneath the seat, under a Safeway bag is a ziploc bag of hot, rotting, unhatched, spoiled bird eggs. Green and everything. OH SICK! (feel free to hurl, I almost did). To make an already long story shorter, I walked that bag to a dumpster three streets down and Febreezed the heck out of my truck. I'm not sure febreeze is going to handle this stank. So I've made a detailing appointment to.

The morale of this story is.......... Don't miss your kids so much that you forget what their grandparents have sent home with them. Always check under the seats!!

2 comments:

The Prices!! . said...

Your story about the eggs reminded me that when we were gone Miranda caught a fish. She wanted Jess and I to see it so she froze it. We took it home and accidentally left it in the car. It was awfull. We went out to the Mauzy's on Sunday thinking what is that smell. When we finally caught on the fish was in bad shape and so was our car! I am glad you have your girls back. Se you on Wednesday.

Amie said...

Oh Nasty, nasty! I don't know if Febreeze is going to do the trick either! Good think you made that appointment! Funny story. Koolaid and cookies for breakfast??? Can I go stay at Nana's house? :) That's my kind of breakfast?