Sunday, June 22, 2008

Just Like Dad!

This is what we did last night. No t.v., no phone calls, no family over. We turned on music and the kids rocked out. I don't think Alex is wanting to get well very fast, she is being very spoiled. She gets to choose what we have to eat, what we do all day, and where we go. We've pretty much stayed home playing games or swimming, and we've had plenty of soup to eat. Last night before we rocked out, Clay wanted to clean up the house a little bit. Alex was laying on the couch and when Clay went to get the vacuum she said "Mom, this is not going to help my throat". What a goober. We did clean, she even helped. I bet it felt nice to dance around on a nice clean floor.
Alex has been handling Strep well. In fact, she acts pretty normal all day long. She plays, she runs around, she swims, eats, drinks, and is merry! Then night time comes. She coughs and coughs, fever elevates, she cries because the coughing makes her throat hurt. This Strep monster only comes out at night. I give her medicine to her, rock her in the rocking chair, and she sleeps pretty soundly. I'm glad she's feeling better because last night my throat started hurting, I'll need a good nurse!

No comments: