Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Tribute to our Fathers

To all the very special Fathers in our lives. We love you very much. We are so thankful for all you do for us, for all the love and support you freely give. We hope one day to be as caring and strong as you. Happy Father's Day 2008.


A Little Girl Needs Daddy: A little girl needs Daddy For many, many things: Like holding her high off the ground Where the sunlight sings! Like being the deep music That tells her all is right When she awakens frantic with The terrors of the night. Like being the great mountain That rises in her heart And shows her how she might get home When all else falls apart. Like giving her the love That is her sea and air, So diving deep or soaring high She'll always find him there. Author Unknown What Makes a Dad: God took the strength of a mountain, The majesty of a tree, The warmth of a summer sun, The calm of a quiet sea, The generous soul of nature, The comforting arm of night, The wisdom of the ages, The power of the eagle's flight, The joy of a morning in spring, The faith of a mustard seed, The patience of eternity, The depth of a family need, Then God combined these qualities, When there was nothing more to add, He knew His masterpiece was complete, And so, He called it ... Dad Author Unknown
Father's Day Over the years: As we grow old, We remember our father So brave and bold. In the garden, Leaning on the plow, He would listen to me; I see him now. He would give advice And understand; He was always there To lend a hand. God made fathers Strong and firm, For he knew our lives Would have great concerns. So he gave us fathers To teach us to pray, And guide our lives, And show us the way. So on his day Let's take the time To say "Thanks, dad. I'm glad you're mine." Mary Frances Bogle
Daddy, I Love You: Daddy, I love you For all that you do. I'll kiss you and hug you ' Cause you love me, too. You feed me and need me To teach you to play, So smile 'cause I love you On this Father's Day. Author Unknown
My Dad's Hands: Bedtime came, we were settling down, I was holding one of my lads. As I grasped him so tight, I saw a strange sight: My hands. . .they looked like my dad's! I remember them well, those old gnarled hooks, there was always a cracked nail or two. And thanks to a hammer that strayed from its mark, his thumb was a beautiful blue! They were rough, I remember, incredibly tough, as strong as a carpenter's vice. But holding a scared little boy at night, they seemed to me awfully nice! The sight of those hands - how impressive it was in the eyes of his little boy. Other dads' hands were cleaner, it seemed (the effects of their office employ). I gave little thought in my formative years of the reason for Dad's raspy mitts: The love in the toil, the dirt and the oil, rusty plumbing that gave those hands fits! Thinking back, misty-eyed, and thinking ahead, when one day my time is done. The torch of love in my own wrinkled hands will pass on to the hands of my son. I don't mind the bruises, the scars here and there or the hammer that just seemed to slip. I want most of all when my son takes my hand, to feel that love lies in the grip. David Kettler
Fathers are Wonderful People: Fathers are wonderful people Too little understood, And we do not sing their praises As often as we should... For, somehow, Father seems to be The man who pays the bills, While Mother binds up little hurts And nurses all our ills... And Father struggles daily To live up to "HIS IMAGE"As protector and provider And "hero or the scrimmage"... And perhaps that is the reason We sometimes get the notion, That Fathers are not subject To the thing we call emotion, But if you look inside Dad's heart, Where no one else can see You'll find he's sentimental And as "soft" as he can be... But he's so busy every day In the grueling race of life, He leaves the sentimental stuff To his partner and his wife... But Fathers are just WONDERFUL In a million different ways, And they merit loving compliments And accolade of praise, For the only reason Dad aspires To fortune and success Is to make the family proud of him And to bring them happiness... And like OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, He's a guardian and a guide, Someone that we can count on To be ALWAYS ON OUR SIDE. Helen Steiner Rice



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roxanne,
Your blog was just GREAT this time. You are the BEST daughter ever. Dont send money just my dryer.