Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summertime blues?..............Pool Party!!!

Kids are so dang funny. This is a blow up basketball hoop for the pool. Well the blow up beach ball that went to it was lost a couple years ago. Still, the kids will not let me get rid of it. To them, this is more than just a basketball hoop. They play pirates. One of them is always Captain Jack Sparrow. We have little dive sticks and they pretend it's their treasure. Then one is usually the Kraken and tries to tip the boat. It's hilarious what they think of.
Sometimes it's a spaceship. Today, they couldn't find cookies on Mars so the aliens had to come to earth to get them. Mommy ended up having to make cookies because this story carried on into the house! When I'm in the pool, we like to play king of the mountain with the basketball hoop. I lay on it and they try to tip me over. It keeps us busy for hours. There is always lots of splashing, laughing, and dunking. In case you forgot, I'll remind you....we LOVE to be in the pool.
I just love this picture of Sydney (who turns 8 in Nov.). I wish every day of summer vacation could be as fun and relaxing as this picture makes it look. Those noodle things are a blast. I like to fill them with water and blow it out one end. We call it the Elephant. It gets us all went and makes a funny noise too! We had so much fun today, I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: