Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ugh, not again!!!

Poor little punkin (that's what Clay has always called her, not puMpkin, puNkin) Alex. Today she and Sydney hung out with me today because Clay was working. About an hour into our afternoon, Alex started crying and said her throat hurt. Ugh, please not Strep. Had an easy dinner of pizza because hubby wasn't home. Finally found the thermometer, and it was a scorching 102.9. ER trip! We leave at 6:30. It's 9pm now and we're just getting home. The three exhausted illegals come before my poor little sick citizen. ANYWAYS....strep test positive, prescription in hand, and home to rest. We'll be Cloroxing the house tomorrow. Isn't this a weird time of year to get strep?? I think I'm just a little sad we won't be swimming for a bit. The good thing about the ER trip.....bear and blanket. How sweet of them! The blanket is big enough to cover Alex and the bear is so cute. It may have taken awhile to get checked out but Alex thought it was worth it. She hasn't let go of the bear or blanket since we got home. We're in for a fun weekend, hope everyone else has a better one than us!!

2 comments:

The Prices!! . said...

Yuck, I am so sorry to hear that Alex is sick. Good luck this week. Call if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize...Braydn and Shayn have both had strep in the last few weeks. I hope she gets better soon!