Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Marco.........Polo

Summer is my favorite time of the year. The kids are home from school. No hectic schedule to keep up with. No weather issues that require numerous amounts of clothing. For me, it's the simplicity of summer that I like best. Lazy days around the pool, the only major worry is making sure I remember to reapply sunscreen after lunch. Sydney did not want to swim today. No matter what I tried she said she did not want to. I finally had pushed her with enough "why nots" that she blurted out "I don't want to get my hair wet". HA HA. What a girlie girl! Alex and I went out to the pool and not 3 minutes later Sydney was out there too. I told her she didn't have to get her hair wet. I told her we would be sad swimming without her. She was in like a flash. As you can see from the pictures, her hair did get wet. By the smile on her face, she enjoyed it too!
The girls favorite thing to do with these noodle things is to fill them up with water and blow it out. They sprayed each other, me (in the face), and of course the poor old dog. We made swirlies. we swim in a big circle around the sides until we almost get sick then stop and let the current carry us. Uncle Colin and Aunt Amy help make the best swirlies (remember that guys?). Even after we got out of the pool they wanted to play in the bathtub in warm water in their suits. Clay calls us his little water bugs. We live in the water no matter what season it is. Whether it's in our pool, in our bathtub, at the lake, or at the beach. I'm looking forward to a quiet night with my scrapbooks tonight, or maybe I'll finish Clay's quilt ( I'm attempting to make Clay a quilt for our anniversary with a little help, but thats a whole different blog). After a long day of swimming, my kids will be worn out and in bed early!

No comments: