Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer reading program week 9

Yesterday was the final day of the Summer Reading Program. We had so much fun reading and learning this summer. Having this program sure made the summer fly by. We had a pool party to celebrate the last day. We went swimming from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. The pool closed at 6:00pm, so only those in the reading program were at the pool. It was great fun. We had pizza and soda and lots of swimming.
We celebrated with a cake. The cake was a big hit with all the kids.
The water was a bit chilly but not bad at all. If you notice Alex's eyes are looking right at the camera. Her surgery was a definite success. I have an appointment with the eye doctor on Aug. 12Th to discuss having surgery on my eyes done. If you notice, my eye goes outward when looking up. It's been a long time coming and I would like to have the surgery. We'll see what the surgeon says!
This picture isn't the greatest but this is the group that showed up for the pool party. This isn't everyone who attended the reading program but it was a great turn out. I"m so glad they offered this program over the summer and I can't wait to see what we do next summer!


No comments: