Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away......

....So the kids can go outside and play (or swim). We haven't been able to swim for some time now because of the wonderful Monsoon we've been having. Today the girls and the neighbor girl Charlotte, played inside most of the day. They built a fort with the bunk beds, and I hung Christmas lights inside. That kept them busy for a little while. When they got bored of playing school in their fort, we played games. Our games cupboard looks like a ToysRUs game isle so we had plenty to choose from. We played 6 different games, then cleaned up and went to Burger King for lunch.
After lunch we played outside in the rain. It's been drizzling most of the day. I love summer rains. It's not cold out so the kids can get wet and not get sick.
The girls love to play in the rain. They played for a few hours, then got in their swimsuits and took a warm bath. My little water bugs. When ever there is water, you'll be sure my kids are near. They even have rain boots for school because I KNOW they will splash in every puddle, no matter how big or how small.
These are the kind of summer days I like. It's a kids choice day. They pick what we do from sun up until sun down. I'm great at planning activities when the sun is out and you can do almost anything you want, but when it clouds up and rains my creative brain wants to go back to bed. I'm anxious to see what we get to do the second half of the day!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Your beautiful girls are hams for the camera! Sounds to me like momma's brain is FULL of ideas when it's raining out. You're AWESOME. Christmas lights in the beds? Only the coolest mom ever would take time to do that! :)

Susan Vargas said...

I want to second everything amie said. You are the greatest! Christmas lights inside the fort - you are a totally awesome mom! Where were you when I was rearing eight children?