Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer Reading Program Week 7

Today's activity was music! Ted (the man in the photos) played a variety of instruments. We learned some really fun songs mostly about bugs. Ted and his five string banjo. This guy was a hoot. He knew lots of kids songs and managed to keep most of their attention for the majority of the time.
Ted had a wonderful voice. I could have listened to his songs all day. He came from Tucson today to share his music talents with us.
He also played an auto harp. He was very skilled at the many different instruments.
The flute was my favorite. It was so calming and relaxing. It was beautiful. He didn't play it to long. I'd love to have a CD of his flute music, it was very good! One thing I did learn today: Cockroaches can live without their head for 12 days or more. We sang so many fun songs, I wish now that I had taken my video camera. Sydney's favorite song from today was The Ants Go Marching On. It was great fun, by the end of the song all the kids had joined in and they were all stomping their feet and clapping their hands. Alex's favorite song was very long. It was a song like I knew an old lady who swallowed a fly, you built on one thing and repeated. As the song got longer and longer it got faster and faster. It was so fun!
After library we went to the city pool and went swimming for a little while. It was great, not a lot of people and the water was fairly warm. Today is only the second day of sunshine in about two weeks so we had to enjoy it while we could. I can't wait to see what we do next week at library. The only drawback is that it will be one week closer to the end of summer vacation :(

1 comment:

Linda said...

I just noticed your 10 year anniversary countdown!! Happy Anniversary!!!