Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Coaster Races, Parade, Swimming, and Fireworks!

Yes, I survived Strep. Can I just start by saying, I absolutely HATE strep. It puts me on my death bed every time. After an ER visit, antibiotics, and lots of TLC from the family, I have once again rejoined the living. Now for the fun Fourth of July details! I couldn't fit as many pictures as I wanted so I may add a slide show at a later time. Our day started early. We were up and at it at about 6:00am. The Coaster races started at 8:30am but we wanted to get a good spot. By 7:00am we had our chairs set up, sunscreen on, and plenty of water to drink. This was one of our favorite cars. Mainly because it was driven by a girl but also because of the pretty colors. Later this girl and her car and her younger brother and his car were in the parade. The winners of the coaster races were also in the parade with their cars and their trophy's.
After the coaster races it was on to the parade. We didn't want to go home after the races so we went straight to our usual spot. We sat with a big crowd this year, all from our ward. It was great fun!
The parade was very exciting. My kids got way to much candy, as usual. They always pick up a ton, then we get home and it just sits there. We're always throwing out candy. Halloween we just hand it out, they go trick or treating and mom ends up eating everything!
Alex found this blue bow on the ground. It must have come off one of the floats. She just had to wear it! The face paintings were awesome, thanks Sara! After the parade we headed to my moms. We went swimming (the face paintings stayed on) until the fireworks. If you haven't been to the Benson fireworks in awhile.....you should go. The music was awesome, the fireworks were amazing, and the kids had a blast! After fireworks we went back to moms to have cake and ice cream for my dad's birthday! Happy 58 Dad! After cake is when my throat started hurting and it was all down hill from there.
This is video of the girls dancing to the music at the fireworks! They had so much fun. This was after the fireworks that's why the lights are on.

No comments: