Thursday, July 3, 2008

Playmates

Sydney and Alex are the best playmates. There is hardly ever any fighting or arguing. I have never seen two siblings get along so well. For the most part, they enjoy doing anything and everything together. There are those rare times when one or the other will need a break, that's when it's my turn to play! Sydney is so different from Alex. It's just amazing that two people, totally different likes and dislikes, can play for hours with each other. This is one phase in their life (the perfect playmate phase) I hope they never out grow. You've seen pictures of Littlest Pet Shop. The only other toys we have besides books are Weebles. Weebles are made by Playskool and are made for the infant toddler age. Now my kids are a bit older than the required ages but they absolutely love these toys. We haven't bought any new ones for quite some time. All the Weebles we have are from when they were younger. A few of the big play houses are in the closet, and they always ask me to get them down for them. I tried to pack them away once in the attic, you know, for all the many grandkids I'll one day have. Bad idea, you would have thought I was taking them to the dump. They cried and carried on so much we decided to leave them out.
You should see the house when the Pet Shops and the Weebles play together. Holy toy tornado Batman! I am so thankful my kids are friends with each other. I remember playing with my brothers growing up, wasn't much fun. We always had to play Muscle Men or G.I. Joe's, or shoot BB guns, even build forts. No girlie stuff. We had our fun times once in a while, but not everyday like my girls. Maybe it's a sister thing. I am so thankful for my children and the best friends they have become. I hope it will be a life long friendship (hopefully, they outgrow their toys but not each other).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis,
It is so nice to see two sisters love each other.....YA YA YA I know they're cute but give me a break. What about the Great NANA?
Oh ok I understand chopped liver is easy. HA HA. I love you all your the BEST ever.LOVE NANA/MOM