Saturday, December 17, 2011

Annual Holyoak Shindig!

Last night we had our annual family Christmas get together at my Aunt Bev's. I look forward to this party all year long. I don't know many families who get together every year with the WHOLE family (cousins, brothers, sisters, grandpas, nieces, nephews, uncles, spouses, everyone who was anyone was there!). I also love to see how my Aunt decorates. It's different every year. This year it was a little wild but so cute! Tammy, Mason, and Araya came too! All the way from Montana to party with us! Well, not really just to party, for Christmas too. I love these kiddos. They are quite the handful, they have lots of energy. I love when they come visit. I miss them alot. Living in Montana is a little far away for me to pop over and give them some loves. I get to hang out with them again on Christmas day, I can't wait!
Like I said, the WHOLE family was there...almost. The picture below doesn't even come close to showing how many adults and kids were there. If I counted everyone we had 42 people there, it was quite the SHINDIG! I think we were only missing three. I could be wrong. We were missing my brother James but his family was represented by Tammy, my cousin Sean couldn't make it, and one of my younger girl cousins wasn't there. That's it I think. Out of the whole dang family, only three missing, that's pretty good! We're getting a bit big for Aunt Bev's house. We may have to move it outside or rent a place or something in the next few years. I'm so glad someone goes through all the trouble of getting us all together. I loved hanging out with my cousins when I was younger and it's even more fun now since we're older. The kids go play, we visit, and everyone helps out with the food. I love family!


It just so happens Aunt Chalice (Clay's older sister) lives about 30 minutes from my Aunt Bev. We had a few things to get to her so she came over. More cousins!! My kids were in cousin heaven, they ran, they played, they ate candy, they ran some more. Fun times. I got to visit with Chalice and she picked up some of her black Friday deals my parents were able to score for her. What a fantastic weekend!

We finished off the weekend by staying with my Aunt Debbie. We ate LOTS of Christmas cookies, real popcorn ( not that microwave junk), played a fun game called the logo game, and spent lots of time playing with the new little weenie dog Bella. I also got a hanging towel from her but mysteriously I didn't make it home with it.......MOM, give it back! This is my very favorite thing about the Christmas season, family becomes so important to everyone else that they can't help but have get togethers. I love getting together as a family no matter what time of year. I can't wait till Christmas day when I get to see my brother James!!! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Bev said...

It's a big fun, loud and amazing group! I love that party every year too..thanks for the goodies you brought for me too! I love you and your sweet little fam, Rox!!