Saturday, May 9, 2009

Who writes this stuff??

I'm not sure how many of you have seen the previews for Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian, but I think every kid at our school has. I have seen the previews and it looks pretty funny. See the Thinker on the right hand side. This statue and his best line have made my life horrible lately. All I know is who ever wrote this famous line soooo does not have kids or work with them all day long! The preview is of him, (the Thinker) admiring a female statue and he says to her.... blah blah blah, check out the gun show goin on over here. BOOM, BOOM, FIREPOWER! He flexs an arm with each BOOM then points one hand at an angle into the air and says FIREPOWER. He sounds really funny when he says firepower too.
Why would this little scene make my life horrible?? Every kid in our school ONLY knows this line. All day long all I hear is BOOM, BOOM, FIREPOWER! They all have to flex as they say it, of course. So the other day I had lunch duty. Every two seconds a hand would go up and I would hear.... Miss Roxanne, watch this.......BOOM, BOOM, FIREPOWER! Ugggghhhh, finally after the millionth time I told everyone on the count of three to all do it at the same time. Now we're talking firepower! The rest of the week all I heard was, Miss Roxanne, count to three! Oh my goodness I can't wait for summer.


Then I go home to my nice quiet house and want to put my feet up in the silence. The girls are outside jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler on. Then I hear it. BOOM, BOOM, FIREPOWER. I can't ecscape it!!! It's been said if you can't beat them, join them. So, yes, Mommy now shows off her guns and says the dreaded line. Oh, the power of kids.

BOOM, BOOM, FIREPOWER!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kids are ... quite interesting. That's about the best word I can come up with at the moment.

"Boom, Boom, Firepower!"

Thanks for the laugh : )

Amie said...

Ugh! I haven't heard this wonderful quote yet! I am going to be very careful about that preview! Thanks for the warning! :) Kids are SO funny when they learn something they like. Mommies are so happy when they move out of phases like these. Happy Birthday on Tuesday!!! The big 3-0...I want to hear all about it!

The Egans said...

Dude I have a viseo of Tanner doing it... it's way too funny..