Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kittens and chickens......oh my!

Here are some kitten pictures that I had mentioned a few posts ago. These kittens were very cute. They were the life of the party at Grandma's house. Unwanted by Grandma and Grandpa but loved to death by the kids. Clay and I both scooted Grandma's fountain out away from the wall just to get the kittens out for the kids. It was no easy task. Once the kittens ran out from under the fountain we still had to try to catch them.
Grandma said there were at least five kittens. We could only find two. I think they found another spot to live. On our last night at Grandma's we were sitting on the porch visiting and we saw the mama cat meowing on the back wall. Then after a little while a tiny kitten went climbing up to be with it's mom. I think she moved everyone to a better location. One without a dog or grand kids!
Then there's chickens. A friend of ours has chickens (and kids). These chickens have been held since the day they were brought home. We no longer go over to play with our friends, we go to hold their chickens!
This is all the kids want to do when we go there, hold chickens. They have to catch them first. That's the only tough part, not tough enough apparently.
Our friends daughter holds them like a baby half the time. The chickens don't seem to mind at all. I always had chickens at my house growing up, I never held them. I think it's funny that the kids want to hold them like a baby. I'm even a little scared of chickens. I think we must have had mean chickens when I was growing up.
Our chicken coop isn't done yet, but we're getting there. I know we'll have a couple of great chick sitters when we finally do get some chickens (never a kitten, thank goodness!).

No comments: