Monday, May 4, 2009

Fun in the sun, and the blessing of a special little one.

This weekend we went on a ROAD TRIP! We drove to Phoenix to enjoy our family and our friends. What is a trip to Peoria without a visit to Cabela's. The girls just had to pose with every animal they saw. Here is their favorite picture. Then we went on to Grandma's house where our cousins were waiting for us! The girls had so much fun hanging out with Kelsey and Autumn .
We had a cookout for dinner. It was fun to visit (and stuff our face) with everyone. We were trying to remember when we had seen each other last. I thought it was last February. That's too long if you ask me!
Uncle Colin came over. The kids (and I mean ALL kids) love their Uncle Colin. He loves to play and get rowdy with them. We are going to really MISS him while he is gone serving his country for a year.
Amy and Harrison came too of course! What a great mom Amy is. She seems so calm and so with it. I look back to when my girls were little. The minute they cried I was flustered. Amy never seems to get that way. Baby Harrison is such a sweet baby. They're both so lucky to have one another.
The BOYS. I can't even remember the last time Clay went to Phoenix. It was so fun to have the family together. The only one missing was Tara but hopefully we'll get to see her and her family soon. Colin is so tall, he's grown up a lot from the little boy I first met.
Autumn and Alex. Alex was so excited when she found out Autumn would be wearing glasses. I think that little similarity is going to make them best friends for life. They had such a great time together.
Daddy's girl. Need I say more? Sydney is so much like her dad in every way. It's truly amazing. They were enjoying the GREAT music talents of Uncle Clint.
Daddy and his girls, just hanging out listening to the music. These girls sure love their dad. I know he wouldn't admit it but, Clay has a TON of fun with his girls!
The highlight of the evening. Not only is Clint a great guitar player but MAN can he sing. I got goosebumps when he started to sing. It was amazing! Clint of course was very modest and didn't think much of it but he blew us away!
The siblings. We missed you Tara! Colin being goofy as ever. The little brother is the tallest, and man is he tall!
Uncle Colin and his sweet son Harrison. Not only does Harrison have an excellent Mother but he was very blessed to get a great father as well. What a special little family!

You know me and babies. I have to hold them! I was very good this time, I wasn't a baby hog at all. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to hold him the whole time. I'm just glad we got to see him. What an excellent baby!
Alex was good too! She loved holding Harrison but she also had some fun cousins to play with. She shared the baby a lot more than usual this time.
Then on Sunday Harrison was blessed. He was blessed by his dad Colin. Lots of family and friends came out to show their love and support. I love to get together as a family. When we do, you know there is going to be lots of pictures. You can definitely tell it is springtime!

Our little family. I love family pictures! Clay is so handsome, the girls are so sweet and cute, and I'm........ well I'm me!
Daddy and his two favorite girls (his number 1 girl is behind the camera!). Clay hates taking pictures. Anytime I can get him to take a picture is a treat!

The growing Dozier family! What a great family. We love you guys!

All the friends and family who stuck around in the heat to take what seemed like endless pictures!
Mom and the siblings, once again, we missed you Tara! Man, Colin is sooooooo tall!

After the blessing there was a family luncheon. We decided to skip that and head home. I heard there was a ton of YUMMY food. Bummer we missed it. We went by a friends house and dropped off a gift for their baby girl that arrives in July. We ended up not getting home until 9 PM. We were all walking around like zombies at school the next morning. The trip was well worth it though! We had a great time, we loved seeing our family, and we can't wait to do it all over again in a few weeks when Grandma comes. See you all then!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

What a wonderful blog. It brought tears to my eyes because I couldn't be there to enjoy everything with you guys. Thanks for sharing that Roxy. It is nice to be able to see what went on.

Bev said...

Looks like you had a great time! What a nice lookin' bunch.....you too Roxy!!