Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hold that thought!

Don't kiss us goodbye just yet. I got an offer to work at the school for SUMMER SCHOOL. I wasn't too sure about it. What would the kids do all summer? I felt so bad for the kids when I worked last summer. They did get to go to work with me last summer most of the time so it turned out ok. I told the school the only way I could work is if the kids could go to summer school. They let me know yesterday there was room for them!! Yay, we'll all be together for the summer. The kids are super excited so that's an added bonus. The hours are going to be 8AM to 1PM, Monday through Thursday during the month of June. I get paid to hang out with kids all summer, how cool is that! I'll be working with the same little girl I worked with earlier this year. I'm looking forward to it! Thursday was the last day of preschool. It was a lot of fun. Sad too in a way. I'm going to miss seeing all these little guys. I have so much fun working at the preschool. It's AMAZING how much a child can grow and learn in one school year. The preschoolers only go to school three days a week for about two and a half hours a day, and in that time they learn so much. Come the end of the year it's awesome to see how grown up they've become.
As always, we had a water party on the last day of school. Every single kid wanted to sit in the TINY pool, at the same time no less. Last year many of them cried and got to cold and it was a very short party. This year was as opposite as they come. No crying, no whining, no fighting. We had a blast and got soaked!
These three people are the coolest, most patient, most generous, most understanding people I know. Their dedication to the kids in special educational is amazing! You can tell they love their job and all the kids they work with. This school year wouldn't have been as great without them. I can't wait to work with you guys again next year. So......Mr. Sullivan, Ms. Olivia, Mr. Ben........HAVE A GREAT SUMMER and we'll see you in August. Thanks for everything!

No comments: