Friday, May 22, 2009

School's Out......woooo whoooo!

Today was the last day of school for us! Whew! What a long and trying year it has been. There were so many changes made this year I can't even count them all. I'm just glad it's over. We're looking forward to summer school and summer vacation. We especially can't wait to start swimming! Bring on the heat! Here is a picture of the girls and our new principal Mr. Buffmire. Sydney and one of her good friends. Sydney already has cried twice because she's going to miss her friends. I don't remember ever doing that. Poor little Punkin!
Alex is our little social butterfly. She hated missing school, she always felt like she was going to miss out on something! Alex wanted to invite a friend over today. Heck No!! I want to rest and put my feet up!
Sydney and her friends. What a pack of girls. They had a great time together this year. Sydney loved wearing her hair down and she had to wear a skirt almost every day. It must be a girl club thing or something! She's really going to miss her friends.
Alex loved playing with everyone. Whether it be boys, girls, teachers, or even me. She was always goofing around when ever I popped in her class. The minute she saw me she would calm down and act all innocent. You don't fool me Alex!
Alex and her teacher Mrs. Smith. What a great teacher. Their class put on a great performance and I can't believe how much Alex has learned and grown this year. It's amazing!!
Sydney and Mrs. Nelson. I've never seen Sydney so excited to go to school as she was this year. Her reading improved leaps and bounds and she's getting better at math. What a great teacher!!

Sydney being goofy with her friends at lunch. I have to say, this is one thing I LOVE about my girls, They are so friendly and nice to everyone. They don't care if you're smart or funny or dress nice. If you're nice to them (and even if you aren't nice) they'll be your friend. I'm so proud of my girls!

I think the girls got pretty sick of me hanging around with my camera but there were just so many Kodak moments.
I've learned that when you take a camera to a Kindergarten class, you get most of the class in one picture. They all wanted their picture taken. They mobbed me!!
Alex was awesome this year. At first she had a very hard time letting go of me and Sydney but in the end she made so many friends. She reminds me so much of when I was little. I still am close to many of the friends I made in school. I hope she will be the same.
Sydney's face says it all. She is going to MISS school. This is the whole reason I agreed to do summer school. The kids wanted too!

No comments: