Thursday, October 9, 2008

Once Bitten

I know I know Sara! You told me so. I saw Twilight at Walmart one day and it was only seven dollars and I was bored out of my head so I decided to buy it. I kept hearing how great it was. Once I saw so many of my friends so completely addicted to it, I gave in. Everybody is doing it! The first night I stayed up way past my bed time. I was at my parents house, my dad even got up about 1 Am just to make sure nothing was wrong. I finished twilight the next night. Lucky for me I bought Full Moon (the second book) at the same time. I tried to pace myself this time. I was only going to read a half hour a day on my lunch break. No such luck, within three days of starting Full Moon I was done. I didn't have the third book, Eclipse, and had no plans to go to Sierra Vista or Douglas. I couldn't make the trip just for that! Clay decided to run to work Sunday and turn in some paper work. I begged him to buy me the third book. I had to promise to only read on my lunch hour. I did. WOW, did I fail miserably. I started reading as soon as he got home with it. The next day I read as soon as I could, whenever I could. I stayed up until 3:45 Am, too bad for me the alarm goes off at 4:30Am. I was a zombie at school that day! I finished yesterday. Clay was a bit upset and said I had to wait for Christmas for the fourth book Breaking Dawn. I hope he is kidding!! I've been trying to keep the house extra clean, make extra yummy dinners, and nag way way less. He's going to change his mind right? Even my kids don't want me to get the next book! My family is no longer a Twilight fan, I however am the president of Twilight addicts R us! I don't think I have the willpower to hold out until Christmas. I mean, Sara lives up the street, she'd let me borrow it for free, inappropriate parts and all. Right Sara! No, No, NO, I'm going to be good, I'll stick it out and prove to him I can be strong, or just cry and whine, and throw a tantrum until he gives in and buys it for me. It'll give me something to look forward to. I guess I'll go to bed now, maybe try to catch up on my sleep. I'm just glad I'm not the only addict out there!
Once again Chalice, I copied your excellent photos for my blog. I just want to be cool like you! I liked your Breaking Dawn post. You didn't ruin anything for those of us who haven't read it yet! Thanks!! Thanks a lot to all my GOOD friends that got me hooked on the books, you better hope you don't run into Clay or he may just give you an ear full on why I can't hang out with you anymore, and maybe even ground me from coming out to play!! :)

3 comments:

Chalice said...

LOL - You're so funny!!! I knew you would get hooked on the books. Clint so wants to be a vampire now. There's this one picture of Clay when he was younger and he totally looked like a vampire...maybe there's something you don't know :)

The Prices!! . said...

Before I even got to the part about you barrowing it I was thinking "Come barrow mine!!" It is just sitting here waiting for you!! I'll see you after school. After all, you have all next week off and so you can spend 2 days reading and then 3 with your kids!!!

Amie said...

Oh my goodness Roxanne! You're the second person TODAY who said that they SKIPPED a nights sleep completely to read these books! What on earth am I missing out on??? I supposed I'm going to have to give in and just read the darn things so I can have something to talk about to all the women in my ward! :) Glad you liked them...someday I'll have time to read...someday! You tell Clay it's good for you to have a hobby! tee hee