Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Alex!!

Our little Punkin turned six yesterday. I can't believe my baby is six!! Where does the time go?? Just yesterday she was being brought home from the hospital. It snuck up on me, I have no idea how that happened. For her class treat Alex wanted to make dirt. We decided to make it a little bit scary. We threw in some eyeballs, some teeth, and of course some worms! The kids loved it. Daddy had yesterday off so he was kind enough to spend the ENTIRE DAY at school with his little Punkin! I was at the school too, but who cares where Mommy is when Daddy's around. Alex was a little grumpy to start the day off with, then Daddy walks in. She was on cloud nine the rest of the day!

This was my favorite picture of the day. I love the way her little foot is cocked. You may think she is posing but she's not. The little miss priss stands like this a lot!




One of her favorite birthday presents. Her Huly Hoop (as she calls it). Nana gave it to her. We even got Daddy and Papa in on the Hula Hooping. It was Hilarious.



Sydney was a great sport about the whole day being about Alex. Alex was an awesome sister and she even bought Sydney a doll like hers, with her very own birthday money so they could play together.


Alex was a happy camper once Daddy came to spend time with her. She's hard at work, even on her birthday.


Alex had so much fun with her friends at lunch. We got tons of video and pictures. She loved introducing her Dad to everyone. She was so happy. I still can't believe our little Punkin is 6!!





We all ate lunch together in the cafeteria. It was loud, rowdy, and exciting. Not very many parents come to school to eat lunch with their kids so it was a treat for all the kids.

We spent the evening as a family. It was so nice. No crazy party to plan, no decorations to buy, no major clean up was needed at the end of the day. It was quite enjoyable. I think we should have a party like this one every year. Clay helped Alex put together a movie using all the video and pictures. The Movie has the song Barbie Girl by Aqua as the theme music. It just fit! She had so much fun making it with Dad. I have to say, Clay was awesome. I'm so impressed lately by him. He's become the husband and father I always knew he could be! You rock Husband, we love you! Happy Birthday Alex!!!!









1 comment:

Gaylene said...

Happy Birthday Alex!!

I guess I'm going to have to start reading these twilight books. I think I'm the only one left on the planet that hasn't read them!! LOL