Saturday, October 11, 2008

Homecoming and Reunions!

Friday night was Benson's Homecoming game. This year they played Bisbee. At the half the score was 14 to 0, Benson winning. Go bobcats! We went VERY early so we could get a good seat, you know the seats at the very top of the bleachers with the back rest. Anyways, we saved our seats at about 5:30 pm and the game didn't start until 7:00PM. It was cloudy and you could see lightning in the distance. I had brought an umbrella but decided to leave it in the car. Instead of having water protection, I stuffed my purse full of food to sneak in the game. Kids......don't follow your mother's example! Oh, the Bobcat. This brought back some wild and crazy memories. I was trying to explain what I did when I was the Bobcat in High School to the kids. I was telling Alex I would lead the crowd in the wave. She says, doesn't everyone know how to wave, and she waves her hand. They didn't get it until the game started, what exactly the Bobcat did. Good for Benson they got a new mascot uniform. The one I had was ancient and smelled horrible!
So, since mommy and Nana were more worried about eating than water protection we got soaked. Good thing for us papa came with his wallet and bought a Benson Bobcat umbrella from the booster club. The Booster club sold out of umbrellas before the first half was over! My kids were so mad I brought food instead of our umbrella.
That little minor lapse in my judgement didn't dampen their spirits though. They were excited, a little cold, but very happy to be running around playing with other kids in the rain!
It was also Will's 10 year reunion. I have to say ours was way WAY better, Thanks Janell!! We waited around in the rain for half time. We wanted to cheer Uncle Will on when they called him onto the track. We waited and waited. All the announcer said was, Welcome the class of 99. The End. All that rain and waiting for that! I was a little upset. They didn't even go down to the track, the class just mingled down at the bottom of the bleachers. Good thing I didn't come from far away to support Uncle Will. I'm sure I'll hear an earful when I get to work next Monday on how I didn't sit with Bisbee. Go Bobcats!


No comments: