Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Carvin' it up!

Wow, did we have some fun. Now, I need to explain this picture a little bit. Not only because I look like a dork but so you don't think I'm singing or something. Clay was taking pictures (just a million or so), to document the carving event. He kept asking us to say Happy Halloween. After the millionth time I was soooooo ready to be done with the whole carving thing. He thought it was pretty funny. The girls had a great time. I mean, what's not fun about it right? You get to slice and dice a pumpkin, scoop out SLIMY gross insides, and see your wonderful finished product. I'm surprised they got them done before nightfall, with all the giggling and laughing that was going on!

The girls got to draw their face and Daddy helped them cut them out. Apparently I don't know how to cut into a pumpkin, I have been further released from my job as pumpkin carver. Something to do with the way their hats were done? I still maintain the scooping out job (oh yeah, my favorite part...........not).


I think Sydney was trying to make hers look like a cat. I can see it, can't you? I kept telling her to turn the pumpkin so I could see it and she would lift it higher. This is what we got!


For some reason blogger wouldn't let me switch the first and last pictures. So now we've gone full circle, just a little backwards. Here is the beginning when everyone is having a jolly old time and very excited to be doing something. By the end of this adventure we all had a few close calls with mosquitoes, orange guts all over us, and we were ALL ready to be done with it! Soon I'll post our Halloween pictures. I'm glad it only comes once a year, I'm worn out and we haven't even gone Trick or Treating yet! Happy Halloween everyone!!





No comments: