Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Free is good

Last weekend we went to the farmer's market. There was a booth that was giving away hummingbird feeders with food to go in them. The man at the booth told us that this particular company had donated thousands of feeders and food to help birds that had been displaced by our recent fires. We had been looking for a feeder a few days prior so we were super excited to get one, and free for no less! The weekends always speed by so we didn't get the feeder up right away.
Alex was reminding me that we needed to put it up and Clay jumped up and said he would help her right then. Last night we finally got it filled with food and put up. This morning the porch was alive with thirsty little hummingbirds. I had always seen them from behind a closed window. These little guys were so close and humming away. I thought our cooler was squeaking or something but the noise was the hummingbirds outside.

This is one of the best free things we've ever gotten. Now, not only do I get to watch my swallows and listen to my wind chimes, I also get to relax and watch hummingbirds from the comfort of my own front room!

No comments: