Thursday, September 1, 2011

Radio Flyer Fun

Last time we were at my Dad's house I noticed his wagon. Once it was a source of fun and joy for my kids when we would go to visit. Now it was dusty and dirty and full of junk out in the garage. Tires were flat, the bottom was rusty and it was very sad looking. The kids asked if we could take it home so they could play with it. I told them they had to ask Papa. He said it was theirs, they could do what they wanted with it. In the truck it goes. We put air in the tires, a towel over the rust and they were off. I showed the girls some pictures of me and my brothers playing in a wagon when we were little. I showed them how one could push and one could steer.

They were the hit of the neighborhood. All the kids spent all day playing with the wagon. I finally called them in at dark. Who knew an old wagon could bring such happiness and fun!


No comments: