Monday, August 8, 2011

First day of school!

School started today. The girls were very excited to get back to school and see all their friends. Daddy had to work so he missed out on waking them up and all the picture taking. My camera stinks so the pictures are a little fuzzy. It was definitely a Kodak moment! Alex is in 3rd grade this year, and Sydney is in 5Th grade.
Alex has Mrs. Delgado. The same teacher Sydney had when she was in 3rd grade. She's an excellent teacher. Alex has a great group of kids in her class this year. I'm sure it will be a fun year of learning.

Sydney has Mrs. Torres again. She taught 4Th grade last year and moved up to 5Th grade this year. I'm so glad! She's a great teacher. Sydney was so excited to have her again! Sydney also has some really good kids in her class. I'm so glad the girls will be well taken care of.

When the girls came to the library after school they were excited but tired. Sydney already had homework! She did all her homework while she waited for me to get off of work. She also shelved books, what a great helper!

Alex, who is always hungry, didn't have homework but did enjoy an after school snack.

The first day of school went great. I would rather be at the beach....but if the girls have to go to school then I guess I will too. The beach wouldn't be much fun all by myself anyways!

Oh, and.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!

No comments: