Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday Matinee

Today we were all up early. Once the house was clean it was only 1o AM. What are we going to do the rest of the day? We could super clean, walk the dog, pull weeds, or even exercise. Who wants to do those things when you can do something fun! Nana and Papa called and asked us to meet them at the mall for lunch and a movie. We went to the theatre and watched a movie the girls had been begging to see. It was funny. It was better than I thought it would be. The kids laughed really hard, and so did Nana.
Alex's favorite character was B.O.B. she thought he was so funny. She can almost say every line of his and she's only seen the movie once. She doesn't forget anything. She laughed so hard when the great big alien smashed B.O.B.

Sydney liked The Missing Link the best. He was all macho talk but still gets showed up by a girl. She likes it when he's showing off his karate moves and pulls his back out.



My favorite was B.O.B. too. He made the movie so dang funny. I liked all the characters. Susan was pretty cool, and empowering to little girls. Insectosaurus was the only non talker. I like him in the end as a silly looking butterfly. All the characters were funny. This is a movie we will have to add to our shelf as a keeper.


All in all it was a great family movie, with little inside jokes for the older crowd. After the movie we went home to a nice clean house and waited for Daddy to come home. I love Saturday's like this one.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

My little Belle has been begging to see this. I've been putting her off ... now I think maybe I'll give in.

We had one of those magic Saturdays, too. Check it out if you get a chance

http://philosophyofklo.blogspot.com/2009/04/surprise-adventure-spring-in-new.html

Bev said...

I've never had one of those magic Saturdays.....what the heck....I want to come to you house and have a magic Saturday with you guys!! I wannna be a Fairy God Mother so I can have a Magic Saturday too!