Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The playdate of all playdates!

Sydney invited a few friends over yesterday. Talk about a bunch of giggly, hyper, funny, little girls! WOW, did they have a good time. First we had snacks, I don't think Easter candy was the best snack for a bunch of little girls. We did eat grapes and crackers too. Then they painted their nails, jumped on the trampoline, and played with the weebles. How many of you know what weebles are? They're toys for toddlers. Yeah, my kids still get a huge kick out of them. Too bad you can't find them any more except on Ebay or a few discount stores. These toys last forever and can stand up to an eight year old playing with them. The girls had a blast. I think Daddy was wishing we had had some boys. Ever seen Coneheads the movie? Clay said all he could think about was the part when the Dad conehead was driving his daughter around with her friends and the friends were all singing and laughing. Too funny.
Alex is having her first play date at a non member, non family friend's house today. Here's the catch........ no Mommy or Sydney. She's very excited ad a little worried. She was having second thoughts last night but she seems very excited today. This will be so good for her. Hopefully make separation from us a little easier on her. We'll see how long she lasts!

2 comments:

Bev said...

How fun!! I want to be a little girl and have play dates!! Would you come if I planned one? We could do our toe nails and stuff! Whadddda wanna be? I want to be "Your little girl" and have play dates with my friends....and oh yeah, I'll take you up on that free trip to Paris anytime.

Garner Family said...

I think when the youngest goes to her first friends house its a little scary for mom and child. Sierra went to her first b-day party on New Years Eve at Robert and Rachel Stretch's house for thier daughter Bailey. I was a little sad and scared for her. But she didn't even want to come home when I went to pick her up! Miss you lots! We need to have a play date with the girls soon.