Monday, April 20, 2009

Cassius.......and Clay

We've been debating whether or not to get a new dog since Angus died. Angus was a very special and unique dog and we knew he would be hard to replace. We also knew we would need a few months to mourn his loss and get the yard ready for another dog. Well the time has come. Meet our newest family member Cassius (named by his previous owners but fits right in with Clay). A friend of ours that works at the school with me asked if we were ready for a dog yet. I said I wasn't sure. Then she showed me pictures of him and I was sold. We arranged a meeting with the girls and the dog to make sure everyone would be happy. It was love at first sight for both parties! He loved Alex, liked to stand by her, and run with her. It was a great meeting so I decided we would take him home with us right then and there. He did awesome riding in the truck. We made it home safely. Now the only thing to do was to show him to Clay.
Cassius and his favorite girl Alex!

The smile on Clay's face says it all. We all stayed outside for quite a while playing with Cassius and helping him adjust to his new home. We got his doghouse and bed all ready and when nightfall came he was out for the count. No whining, no yelping, no barking. I hope that means he likes it here as much as we like having him here. The girls (Alex especially) LOVE their new dog. He's amazing and very well trained. I'm so excited to have a dog again (not to mention a little relieved at night when he barks).


4 comments:

Bev said...

Looks like you familly is now complete again. How fun!

Linda said...

Fun! What type of dog is he?

Roxy Dozier said...

Sorry I forgot to put that in. He's a boxer. He was born last year on Mother's Day so he's almost a year old.

Amie said...

Once again, I loved catching up on all your news Roxanne. I'm not on the computer as much as I used to be either. I'm so glad that you're healthy! My mom takes Reliv too and swears by it. She works at a school too with all those GERMS and almost never gets sick. I will pray that your healthy streak continues! Congrats on the new dog! I'm sure the girls are going to have so much fun with that! Next time you're up here give me a call and I'll meet you wherever! I see that you're still a brunette! Clay must have gotten used to it! I love you either way...you're always beautiful. I wussed out and went back to blonde! :)