Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Day With Harrison


We loved visiting little Harrison (we had fun with his mommy and daddy too!) A day off of school couldn't have come at a better time. We didn't get good Friday off of school this year. So we had last Friday off instead. Harrison was born on Saturday and by the following Friday we were visiting with him! I kind of forgot what it's like to have a little one. How you feel, how your body feels, how emotional it can be. It's been awhile. Once I stopped and thought about it I realized it may not have been the best time to visit. Poor mommy and baby were still recovering and here come the Dozier girls! Amy and Harrison were very gracious and nice to let us visit. I promise next time we'll give you guys a few weeks to recuperate!Sydney didn't hold the baby much, she most certainly takes after her dad! She liked to hold him when he was sleeping but the minute he started to squirm or cry, she was officially done! That was fine with me, more time for me to hold him.
Then there is Alex. She is a baby hog (just like her mom)! She held Harrison more than me I think! She loved holding him, she would just stare at him. I kept asking if she was done and she would always say not yet.

She even stopped playing with Uncle Colin so she could hold him. Wow, this girl loves her Nephew.


What is better to take away the baby hungry blues than holding a brand new baby. Thanks Amy for sharing your little man with us! We had a great time with you guys and look forward to visiting again soon! So, after a weekend of holding Harrison, seeing him squirm, hearing him cry, smelling his dirty diapers I'm glad to say the baby hungeries have gone away slightly. Now what am I gonna spend my time thinking about??

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love brand new babies. So sweet!! And I love your new background, way cute.

Bev said...

Cute baby and cute babysitters too! How fun!