Monday, November 10, 2008

I am man, hear me Growl...

Actually there wasn't a whole lot of growling. There was a whole lot of grumbling but it wasn't coming from the male in this story. So....... Friday Clay was off and I was home sick from work. What oh what could make me feel better? Hey wife!, how about we do some spring (more like winter) cleaning? Oh yeah! Forget a hot bubble bath and maybe a movie, let's clean instead. That's the ticket. Silly me for wanting to rest. (This was really my idea but for complaining's sake let's point fingers at hubby) Why a picture of the vacuum you say? Well.......... We decided to unhook the cooler and get the heater all set up. We haven't had to use the heater yet but on more than one occasion we have waited to long and froze our little behinds off. Getting back to the story... Clay went to the hardware store to get a new filter for the heater and asked to please vacuum out from under the heater. So I do. The vacuum starts screaming and stops sucking. OH NO, I have broken the rainbow!!. Now the grumbling starts (more like fit throwing). I didn't buy the vacuum but my mom did and when she got a new one I got the old one, and man are they expensive!! I immediately pick up the phone and call mom. She walks me through some repairs and after kicking out some rather large dust bunnies from the hose we were back in business....... so I thought. By the time Clay gets back from the hardware store I'm on the verge of tears. He walks in takes one look at my face, and in a very non growling voice says Here wife, let me help you with that. Well, it was his fault, he asked me to vacuum in no mans land! He wants to fix it now???
Calmly, he takes it apart, shoves a broom handle down the hose and unleashes about 7 years worth of heater closet dust bunnies! Holy moses where did they all come from? Surely not from my immaculate house! Long story a little shorter. No cussing, no stomping, no gnashing of teeth. You can tell my husband is not related to the men on my side of the family. I told him NEVER, under any circumstances are we to vacuum that little closet out again. EVER! Needless to say, the rainbow is back in action, house is ready for winter, and my faith in my very own handyman has been restored once again! Yay for my man!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad that my hubby is your hubby's brother :) Since your hubby is such a cool guy and all :)

Amie said...

Oh boy! Thank heavens for your handyman husband! I love my Andrew dearly, but we would be in serious trouble if our vacuum broke! He is NO handyman! It would be me taking it apart and not being able to put it back together! :) We would definitely be vacuumless! Cute story.