Monday, November 17, 2008

Calling all stressed and clueless Moms


Ever had a day where you wake up thinking it's going to be a great day only to find out, just after you have put on the finishing touches to your makeup, that in fact it's a day you should have just stayed in bed? Yep, that was our kind of day today. I still had to think about what to feed everyone. Stressed or not stressed they have to eat. That's where I was clueless. So I called a few friends and got some ideas for grub. I won't go into all the excruciating details of this long day, but I will give you two quick and easy recipes that made dinner time go a little smoother than the rest of our day.


Potato Soup


1 pkg. southern style potatoes. (in the frozen section by the hash browns)

1 big can cream of mushroom soup

Dried minced onions (amount to your liking)

2 cans green chili's

1 can evaporated milk

1 lb. ham cubed (we used chicken and it was yummy too)

Cheese


Empty potatoes into pot. Fill pot with water until potatoes are covered. cook until boiling. Add soup, green chili's, onions and meat. Stir and heat. Cook until potatoes are done to your likeness. Add evaporated milk and cheese. (We put a little cheese on top as well) Serve.


So easy and the kids even had a good time helping. That's my kind of recipe. Just dump, stir, and eat! Now for dessert. Our house was beginning to stink I was informed this morning. Sydney said it was because our bananas were beginning to look like poo. Hmmmm, banana bread anyone? I always say, I'm going to make banana bread with our slowly rotting bananas. I never have followed through. Well today I did. This recipe was so yummy and so easy. I'll be making it more often. The kids had a blast mushing bananas.


Banana Bread:


2 large bananas mashed

2 eggs

1/2 C. sour cream

1 C. Sugar

1 stick softened butter

1 tbs. Vanilla

1 1/2 C. Flour

1 tsp. baking soda


Mix wet ingredients together then add dry ingredients. Grease and flour large loaf pan. ( I sprayed Pam). Cook at 350 for 60 mins, or until toothpick comes out clean.


Walla, there is a meal and dessert! So regardless of how stressed out you are, at least you can have something good in your tummy! Tomorrow is another day, let's just hope it goes better than today!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Dude, you're an awesome mom and wifey! Hope today is better! :)