Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Sydney!

This was Sydney on her blessing day (she's the little bundle of sweetness in my arms). Look at her now!



Yes today has been an emotional day. My baby, my first born has turned 8. I feel so old. Where has the time gone? I'm so very thankful for Sydney and the sweet spirit she is. Sydney adds so much fun to our family. I can't imagine our family without her. We had our struggles when she was little, but now they seem so trivial in the grand scheme of things. Sydney still has her ups and downs but she has grown into the most thoughtful, most polite, most sensitive, most giving and loving little girl I know. She can be so sweet and timid sometimes ( I have told her more than once this year to hit the boy back then!), then other times she can be just as mean and trying as any other 2nd grader out there.




Sydney is our little book worm. She would rather read a book than do almost anything. She always sits with her legs crossed like a lady. Whether were watching T.V., traveling in the car, or sitting at the dinner table. You can be sure she'll just be sitting as quiet as can be with her legs crossed. On many occasions she has refilled the TP in the bathroom without even being asked, she'll bring glasses of ice water to her mom and dad just because she thought we were thirsty. She is notorious for giving hugs out of the blue and for saying I love you. Sydney was so clingy at one time, that I wasn't able to give the prayer in sacrament meeting without her screaming, she wouldn't go to preschool with out me and if I tried to duck out she would cry the whole time I was gone. In a weird way I really miss those days.



I am so sad that children have to grow up so fast. It makes it worth it seeing all the progress in life they are making. I almost can't wait to see her grown up. Hopefully all my hard work, tears, prayers, and sleepless nights will pay off in the end. I wouldn't trade Sydney for the world, and hopefully as she gets older she won't want to trade me in! I look forward to seeing Sydney baptized and can't wait for her to receive that special blessing.



Since Alex is sick, Uncle Will came down today to eat lunch and spend some time at school with Sydney. What a life saver! Thanks Uncle Will, you rock!. I forgot to send the camera to school with him. We'll take lots of pictures as she opens presents tonight, and post it all for you to enjoy soon.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDNEY. We love you!

No comments: