Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We've got Spirit!!

Amie you're going to love this post (weren't you even cheerleader captain one year?). Sydney started her cheer and dance clinic today. She was a little scared in the beginning but she got the hang of it in the end. The clinic is for girls in 2nd grade through 6th grade. The high school cheerleaders are great and very patient. The girls are learning two cheers and a dance. They get to learn the Souja Boy, spelling? Good thing mommy loves that dance and Sydney already knows it. Who doesn't know that dance???? The clinic is all this week with a final performance at the football game on Friday night. When I was really little I was a cheerleader for pop warner football. I loved it. I was never a cheerleader in high school but my mom was cheer coach for a number of years. The closest I ever came to being a cheerleader in high school was being the mascot. My mother-in laws first memory of ever seeing me was at a game. I was wild and crazy running back and forth in front of the bleachers leading the crowd in the wave. I was really CRAZY. I think it was quite a shock when quiet, mellow Clay started dating me. Then later marrying me, Oh my was the family in for a treat!
There were way more kids then I thought there would be at the clinic. Most of the kids seemed to really enjoy themselves. They were very fast learners and coordinated as well. We'll see how many return tomorrow. We'll have video of the final performance! Sydney was so afraid she wouldn't have any friends there. She was so relieved (as was I) when many of her friends showed up. She says they're going to practise their moves at lunch. I can see Sydney as a cheerleader when she grows up. Maybe she'll even be a mascot!

1 comment:

The Egans said...

She is a minature YOU!!! I still have pictures of you when you were doing cheer!! We need to hang out and talk more. Do you IM at all? Sice I sit on a computer all day...Oh and I heard lepoussaint it was funny