Monday, September 8, 2008

Thank Goodness for Nana!

Have you ever had a day where you just want to throw your hands up and forget the world. Well Saturday was that day for me. We had a full day scheduled. We made it as far as the primary activity day and the rest of the day was done for. I don't have many days like this. I'm usually a very happy and flexible person. There was just something about Saturday. I don't know if it was the late breakfast, the weather, Clay being sick and grumpy, or my long list of things to do, that finally broke the camels back. So what would make a day like this go from forgettable to Unforgettable?? A trip to Nana's house!! My mom is awesome, she always knows just what I need to feel better. If it weren't for her and a little retail therapy I probably would have left the kids with a sick grumpy daddy and went and vegged on a bench in the mall.
My kids had a blast. All my worries and stresses seem to just go away when I get to hang out with my mom. My dad was gone to Wyoming for a family funeral so it was a fun girls weekend. I DO NOT do play-doh in my house. This was a huge treat for my kids. They loved it, so did I. I didn't have to worry about it getting ground into my carpet. My mom is the person I laugh the most with. I can't tell you how many times we laughed until we cried this weekend. What did we laugh at you ask?............I have no clue. The littlest things can be such a riot when I'm with my mom. We had gone and gotten an oil change at Walmart on our way to Benson. I told the kids to pick Nana out a prize. Nana was also having one of those hard life days, so we decided to help each other feel better. Well, the kids picked out Flarp. Out of the whole store they wanted to get her a small can of putty that makes farting noises. At 88 cents a pop we just had to buy one of every color. We must have played with that stuff for at least three hours. We laughed so hard. It was so dumb but at the time it was so hilarious!
The next morning I was playing with the Flarp, it wasn't funny at all. Weird. I'm so glad I live so close to my mom. I have no idea what I would do without her. I wouldn't mind having more terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days if they all turned out ok like this one. Thanks mom, you're the best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis,
What a nice blog you have. I had a great time also. But I have a good time no matter what. Its always nice to hang out with my favorite girls. And with dad gone we could do what ever we wanted. You always make me feel so much BETTER when Im down.I really love you for that. Your the Best. I love you all. Love NANA