Thursday, September 11, 2008

A day to never be forgotten.

I still remember exactly what I was doing, the exact time, and exactly where I was when I heard the news. We didn't have t.v. at the time nor did we have high speed Internet. My mom kept us pretty informed. As soon as I finally did see the reports from the news I was shocked to say the least. I remember being glued to CNN for days as the information came. This is an event I never even thought possible. My children will know what happened on that day years ago. They will be taught to be thankful each and everyday for the great country we live in. We will always remember.........will you?



1 comment:

Amie said...

Roxanne, I also remember exactly where I was when I found out about 9-11. Andy and I were engaged and he called me before I left for student teaching that morning and told me to turn on the tv. I can still remember that SICK feeling in my stomach all day. We recently watch Flight 93 because it was on tv and our jaws just hit the floor to see how scary and brave that day was for those passengers. They are heroes.
As a side note...you should go back to school for your teaching degree. You are indeed a very special person BORN to be working with children. :)