Friday, January 6, 2012

Smokey

This is my parents not so new cat. They have this cat thanks to me. It looks a lot like my old cat Bonzo but twice as fat. We had some friends that use to live here and they had to move (the house they use to live in burned to the ground in the big fires last summer in Sierra Vista, they moved away about a month before the fires). They couldn't take their cat with them so I offered to take it. My parents weren't too happy when I showed up with a cat for them. My family is allergic and I thought Bonzo (who was still alive at the time) might need a play mate. Well, Bonzo and Smokey didn't get along so Smokey got the boot. He has to sleep in the garage. My parents didn't like him at all at first. He's a tad bit over weight, declawed, and an overly affectionate cat, plus he's a loud meower but they have since changed their mind about Smokey Just about every day, Smokey leaves a special present on the doorstep for my parents. Yep, dead mice (m words Aunt Bev, hide!). Smokey is awesome!! He's fat and has no front claws but man can he catch a mouse. Sometimes he even leaves two or three a day. Now who's the best daughter ever huh Mom. Yeah that's right, me! Good Job Smokey, you rock (so do I because I took you in....well I took you to my Mom's house).

2 comments:

The Kleyn Family said...

That's the kind of cat we all wish [& pretend] our cat is like. Really our cats are lame, but we all act like they're Smokey. And good girl, dropping it at your folks--sometimes daughters just know best. LOL!!

Bev said...

I hate that cat and I'm never going to your Mom's house again!!