Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sewing weekend

This weekend I hardly did a thing but sew. Thursday night we had a sewing night for a Relief Society activity. It made me want to sew even more all weekend. I did do the laundry but that was about all I accomplished in the area of housework this weekend. The Special Education teacher at school asked me to make her a few things. You can't really tell by the picture but this blanket has rice sewn into it. It's a weighted blanket for some of our Autistic kiddos to use. It's more of a lap pad than a blanket. The weight helps them calm down a bit.
This is also a lap pad filled with rice, just in a smaller size.
This is a weighted sock(also rice) to go around the back of the child's neck for weight on the neck and shoulders. I also made lots of different textured bean bags, some filled with rice and some with different objects. All these things are to help them with their sensory issues. It was a lot of fun to make so many different things. Alex loved helping me with all the rice and sewing.
At the sewing night on Thursday I finished the last two of my twenty four trees I was making. I then made them blocks and soon it will be a whole quilt of trees. I'm so excited to see it done.

No comments: